Have you been on the fence about an A/C replacement? Although the initial investment may seem like a burden, the advantages of a new, energy-smart system will quickly pay you back. Here's a look at six key benefits that you can expect from an A/C upgrade:
1. Lowered cooling costs – Because new air conditioners are far more efficient than those manufactured only a few years ago, you can quickly get a return on your investment and start saving money on your monthly utility bills.
2. Tax credits – In addition to the long-term benefits of decreased cooling expenses, you can earn a tax credit of $300 when you purchase an eligible, energy-efficient air conditioner from now until the end of 2013. Equipment purchased in 2012 may also qualify for the tax credit.
3. Dependability – A new system will be far more reliable than your old unit, helping you to avoid the stress, discomfort and costs associated with air conditioner repairs in the middle of the summer.
4. Boosted comfort – Advancements in technology make it possible for you to enjoy higher levels of home comfort through more even temperatures, a constant flow of conditioned air and improved humidity control.
5. Better air quality – With less moisture in the air, you'll find it easier to breathe, as your home will be less likely to promote the growth of mold or mildew.
6. More environmentally friendly – Upgrading your air conditioner can enable you to have a greener home. Out of concerns for the environment, the federal government has been calling for replacement of R-22 refrigerant with the more eco-friendly, EPA-approved R-410A refrigerant.
For a quote on an energy-efficient A/C replacement, please contact the professionals at McWilliams & Son Heating and Air Conditioning. We're proud to serve residents of Lufkin, Nacogdoches and the surrounding area.