McWilliams & Son Heating and Air Conditioning enjoys helping our customers save money whenever possible. This is why we frequently recommend scheduling an Energy Star Home Performance Evaluation with one of our professional auditors. Energy Star partners with the United States Department of Energy (DOE) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to offer this program to homeowners.
The Energy Star Home Performance Evaluation is a comprehensive approach that covers every part of your Lufkin, TX home. A home performance evaluation helps you improve comfort while increasing energy efficiency at the same time. Previous customers have told how much they appreciate a simple and cost-effective solution to their energy concerns.
Common Problems for Homeowners in Lufkin, TX
If your home feels drafty, too cold or too hot, you’re not alone. This is a common issue faced by homeowners in this part of the country. Excessive dust, high energy bills and peeling paint are other common scenarios. The energy auditors at our company use a whole-house approach to determine the reason behind these and other common energy efficiency problems. This means that we don’t focus on a single problem area, such as not enough insulation or an inefficient HVAC system. Instead, our energy auditors go through every room in your house to determine where improvements can be made.
We use the blower door test, the combustion safety test and other sophisticated diagnostic equipment. Recommendations You May Receive from Our Skilled Energy Auditors Just as there are common problems associated with energy efficiency, there are also common solutions. The following are some of the most typical recommendations we make to homeowners following their home performance evaluation:
- Clean, seal or insulate ductwork. We also check to ensure that your ducts are properly connected for the best possible performance.
- Locate and seal air leaks commonly found around doors and windows.
- Evaluate the level of insulation in your home and add more if necessary.
- We generally recommend replacing all heating and cooling systems that are more than 10 years old. We may also recommend replacing your water heater, major appliances, windows or lighting. We encourage our customers to choose new products that bear the Energy Star label and have high energy efficiency ratings.
- You may want to consider installing equipment that operates on solar power for the maximum energy savings.
At the conclusion of your energy audit, you receive a detailed report outlining our specific recommendations. If you are not ready to make all of the suggested changes at once, ask us to prioritize it for you. Since one improvement can affect another, it is important to perform the upgrades in sequential order. As an example, air sealing an attic floor must be performed prior to putting in additional attic insulation. If the air sealing isn’t performed first, the moisture in your attic could prevent the insulation from working properly.
Remember that McWilliams & Son Heating and Air Conditioning offers free estimates for all repair and new installation work.